The Global Diploma in Business and Information Technology is a broad-based and stimulating programme. The purpose of the course is to provide students with the foundation skills and knowledge necessary for entry to the Global Higher Diploma in Business and IT or BTEC HND Courses conducted at Beacon International College, Singapore.
The course aims to provide students with fundamental knowledge of business and IT and develop basic skills in oral & written communication, business communication, team-working, problem solving and applying technology.
The Diploma course comprises of six subject units of study.
- IELTS/Business English
- Study Skills and Communications
- Business Communication
- Business Fundamentals
- Introduction to Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- IT Skills and Applications
Candidates who successfully complete all 6 units of this programme will be awarded;
Global Diploma by Global Academy of Hospitality and Management in Sari Lanka and/or Diploma by Beacon International College, Singapore
- GCE ‘O’ level – 3 passes
- Grade 10
- SPM – 3 passes
- Chinese Senior High School Year 1
- Students with equivalent foreign qualifications may be admitted provided they are proficient in the English Language, and possess
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent qualifications (wef July 2016 intake) OR
- A Pass in English Placement Test determined by the College
- Those who fail the English Placement Test will be required to successfully complete the EAP/ESL (Lower Intermediate) course conducted by college
Age Limit: 16 and above
Course Duration and Hours
6 months study in Sri Lanka OR
3 months study in Sri Lanka + 4 months study in Singapore Total study: 360 Hours
Maximum teacher-student ratio is 1:30
Teaching Approach and Methods
The teaching approaches and methods adopted will be according to the requirement of the learning outcomes of each unit. These may include:
- Group Work
- Field Trips
- Case Studies
- Role Play and
In-course assessments will be conducted. In-course assessments may include quizzes, class tests, class participation in question and answer sessions, oral presentation, unit assignments including assignment reports and demonstrations where relevant, valid and appropriate.